Digital Hangout is the Newest Lunch Club

Mrs Green welcomes you to Digital Hangout.

Courtesy of Ms. Green

Every Wednesday at 1:00 Valley school has a zoom hangout with Mrs. Green, the new school counselor.

“Digital Hangout is meant to be 30 minutes of having fun, talking, eating, and just hanging out” said school counselor Mrs Green. “It is an unstructured, fun time for students. So, for thirty minutes students can just talk, eat, play games, and socialize. It is really up to the students” added Mrs Green.  There are a lot of icebreaker games that the students can play that give everyone a chance to get to know each other. Right now not a lot of students are coming yet though.  One reason for the low turnout at the Zoom Hangout could be due to student schedules.

“I am busy after school,” seventh grade Hermosa Valley student Coral C. said. Students may be busy with homework or activities.  ”I have practice after school,” seventh grade Hermosa Valley student Kennedy H. said.

Another reason some students haven’t been showing up is because they are unaware of the program.  “I didn’t know it existed until now,” seventh grade Hermosa Valley student Pia M. said. 

Even though not all students are taking advantage yet, Digital Hangout is a great place to gather with your friends and have some fun during distance learning.