Newest Teacher at HVS Inspires Passion for Arts

Courtesy of Megan Zimmer

Hermosa Valley School’s new art teacher, has had a long history with teaching.  

“My mom was an art teacher, and growing up I would help her with her classes.  I’d make samples for her art projects and even come into her classes to assist,” said Hermosa Valley art teacher Elizabeth Kneisley. “As a teacher, I want to guide students to find their creative voices as a way to express themselves and communicate with their surrounding community.”

Mrs. Kneisley
Although Mrs. Kneisley is currently teaching art remotely, she looks forward to meeting her students in person.

Kneisley is very happy teaching at Hermosa Valley School, “I am beyond thrilled to be teaching at Hermosa Valley!  I grew up in the South Bay and went through the school system, from Robinson Elementary to Manhattan Beach Middle School and then to Mira Costa.  It’s exciting to be back and to share my passion for the arts in the community I grew up in.”

So far her students have been very welcoming.

“They had a long term sub at the beginning of the year and then transitioned over to me mid-October.  My students are really talented, and I can tell they have an interest in the arts,” she said. “I’m excited to get to know my students’ personalities better and to see what they create this year! Hopefully, I’ll get to meet them all back in the classroom eventually!”