• April 16Flag Ceremony on Friday!!

• April 1243 School Days Left in the Trimester!

Filed under Feature, Food

Why Breakfast is the Most Important Meal of the Day

Should I Eat Breakfast?

Do you eat breakfast? If you don’t, here are some reasons you might want to consider a nutritious morning meal.

You wake up and are late for school, so you throw on your clothes. The last thing that you are thinking about is eating a nutritious breakfast. Now this might seem like it is fine at first, but actually you might want think twice next time before you skip breakfast. There are several reasons for this, for example, it keeps blood sugar even throughout the day. You won’t be as tired before lunch if you eat breakfast. This would help with your energy level for the day, keeps you productive, improves your concentration, and keeps your brain active through the whole day. This is especially important for students in school because they need to have an active mind for the duration of the day. By eating breakfast you can also help energize your body until lunch or until the next meal that you eat. That means that you will not be as hungry in between meals. A nutritious breakfast is able lower a risk of heart disease.

What are Examples of Nutritious Breakfasts?

If you are still wondering what is a nutritious breakfast might be, then try is a low-fat protein shake with fresh/frozen fruit. This is a good breakfast idea because the protein can help power you through the day. The fresh/frozen fruit is good for getting many nutrients. Another great breakfast idea is a high-fiber toast or bagel with a tablespoon of peanut butter.  This is a great choice of meal when you are going to play sports and need energy or if you need a boost in your brain. I personally like to eat strawberries or bananas with my cereal. These fruits have a sweet taste to them and are good for you. Of course, you can choose your own fruits is 100% fine. You “You might think that a muffin and a cup of coffee ought to do the trick, but experts advise being more careful about what you choose to start your day” . Some more ideas might be a select protein bar and yogurt or a glass of milk or a high-fiber cereal with fresh fruit and low-fat milk or soy or rice milk substitute. All of these are great options and are healthy, and there are many different ways to have healthy breakfast. You could even put fruit on or inside of pancakes! Lastly, fruits and vegetables are always a good choice!

But I’m Just Too Busy!!

In the morning, if you are rushing and don’t have a lot of time, you can grab a small breakfast bar and that will help you feel better. If you eat fruits and vegetables, then you may have a better chance of staying healthy while then later if you catch yourself eating a chocolate bar then you won’t feel as guilty. The people who eat cereal with milk, it helps bring more calcium into your body while you get to have your favorite cereal. Also, did you know that you consume more whole grains than the people who don’t eat this meal. Those who eat breakfast also tend to consume more milk and whole grains than those who skip the meal. To help avoid overeating and snacking, breakfast fills up your stomach to where there is no need.

Interesting Facts:

You might be wondering why is breakfast called breakfast. Well the reasoning behind that is because breakfast means to break your time of not eating for the night before. Did you also know that almost 58% of Americans do not eat breakfast every day. This is over half of the population in America. This portion of America is not getting as many nutrients as someone who would eat breakfast. Lastly, have you ever realized that breakfast mostly eats at your own house!

In conclusion, a nutritious breakfast benefits your health in many ways. It keeps you focused and productive throughout the day. If you just take 10-15 minutes of your day to eat breakfast, you can benefit your health and concentration. If you do not eat a healthy breakfast every morning, then you should consider a morning meal tomorrow.

Sources:

https://mobile-cuisine.com/did-you-know/breakfast-fun-facts/

ahealthylifeforme.com/5-reasons-why-you-should-eat-breakfast/

https://www.rush.edu/health-wellness/discover-health/why-you-should-eat-breakfast

https://www.webmd.com › Diet & Weight Management › Feature Stories