• April 16Flag Ceremony on Friday!!

• April 1243 School Days Left in the Trimester!

Filed under Feature, Sports

The Inspiration of Dance

The Inspiration of Dance

How Dancing Helps Outside of The Studio

Have you ever felt like you had so much stress to where your mind felt like it could explode? Well, if that’s you, then dancing is your calling! It is known when you dance, your stress gets lower because you can mentally escape your issues and just focus on your physical movements. Dancing isn’t just about moving your body, it’s about focusing your mind and balancing your strength. In addition, dance helps bring people together even if they have different ways of communicating. It can inspire people to do things they haven’t been able to do before. In the past, dance has helped people get over mental and physical disabilities because when they see other people do amazing things, it motivates them to do it as well without thinking both their current life situations. Also, dancing unites people who speak different languages because they do not have to speak, but they can still communicate how they are feeling through their movements. Lastly, one can also learn about themselves including new ways of thinking, feeling, and how to express their feelings through visible motion.

How Dancing Helps Your Brain

Dancing helps with muscle and the everyday memory. It also enhances the brain function regarding your memory, blending cerebral and cognitive thought process, and proprioception in the cerebellum. Dancers remember choreography so easily because of something called superfluidity. Fluid movement is the how the body automatically reacts to the dance because through practice, one begins to discipline their brain into remembering the movements so they no longer have to think about them. Therefore, once the music plays, they no longer need to remember each move because through much practice, it allows them to eventually enjoy the flow of the music, beat, and melody of the routine. Visualization also help with how much you remember the moves and follow them as you were taught.

The Different Types of Dance

In the world, there are various types of dance in many different places including: Ballroom, Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Hip-Hop, Modern, Contemporary, and many more. The most common dance types are Jazz, Ballet, and Hip-hop. For each dance category, there are different requirements and moves you have to incorporate. As an example, in Ballet, the movement is more graceful as one dance to the melody rather than in Hip-Hop, whereby the individual follows the movements based on a beat. A variety of other dance types are used in between the other rhythms. For instance, Contemporary dance is a mixture of Jazz and Ballet because it includes features from both categories into one. 

Why Flexibility Matters

It is ok if you are not the most flexible person, but it is an important thing for dancing. It is important because it helps with your range of motion and your balance. In some types of dance, your core (the midsection of your body that involves your muscles) and posture has to be strong for you to be able to do different movements. Having good posture encourages positive thinking, confidence and optimal functioning of the nervous system. When you are flexible, your core also gets stronger, which then leads to smoother moves. If you lack flexibility, you are at a higher risk of pulling muscles and injuring yourself. A good range of motion and flexibility aids in proper alignment of the bones as well as good posture. When your bones are in good alignment, your muscles, joints, ligaments and vital organs can work as they are supposed to. 

Websites I Used

Kendall C, Writer

One of my favorite things to do, and my biggest hobby, is dance. I have been dancing for about nine years. Dancing is something I really enjoy because...