• May 17Next week State Testing Tuesday 5/21, Wednesday 5/22, Thursday 5/23

• May 1721 School Days Left in the Trimester!

• May 17Memorial Day, Monday the 27th

Filed under Opinions

How to do Well in an Escape Room.

How to do Well in an Escape Room.

Have you ever tried an escape room? Escape rooms are the new biggest things to hit the population. What an escape room is, is a real-life puzzled-based game. It requires people to solve puzzles and riddles to continue to the next section. Escape rooms can vary in different themes. When doing escape rooms, you have to keep many things in mind. Every escape room is a multi-based game were it requires you to think. They will have a different theme. Some themes are Area 51, Panic Room, Space Mission, and Murder Mystery. Rooms can also vary in difficulty. Normally, the harder the room, the more puzzles you must solve, and the easier, the less puzzles. While in the room, you only have a certain amount of time to escape. Normally the time is one hour long. Escape rooms can also be a good activity to use for a team building exercise. Here are some tips to do well in escape rooms.

There are many things that could help you escape an escape room. First of all, is that you don’t want to have too many people in a room. When you go to escape rooms, you want to make sure you are going with people who you know. These people can be friends, family or co-workers. If you have too many people in one room, it will be too crowded and while trying to do something, you will keep bumping into someone.

The third tip is, to make sure you understand how you use different types of locks. There can be more than one type of lock in the room. Some of these locks, you won’t be familiar with. There are key locks, combination locks, word locks, directional locks and many more. A directional lock is a lock that uses directions like left, right, up and down to unlock it. And always make sure to reset it before trying a different code by pushing down on the top twice. When knowing where to push the circle in the middle, you want to focus to make sure you won’t mess up. The second type of lock that can be in the room is a key lock. If there is more than one of this type in the room, make sure you keep all the keys with you, and make sure to remember which one goes to each lock. A third type of lock can be a combination lock, this can be with numbers, letters, or different types of characters. When you see this lock, normally there is a clue in the room, were it tells you the combination.

The fourth and final tip is that there are always secret messages in escape rooms. There are many different types. Some are Morse code, braille, or opticum secret messages. When looking at Morse code, it will be difficult to understand, so there is probably a piece of paper with different words. If you see braille in the room, there is probably a piece of paper as well. If you find these two types of clues, make sure to closely look or listen to the code. There are also secret messages hidden in objects. One of these is an opticum secret message. This clue is a normally a block with nothing on one side, but on the other, it is a block with a pattern on it and in the pattern there is a hidden message.

You should try an escape room if you have or haven’t ever done one before. It is a really fun experience to have with your friends, family or co-workers.You should always remember to not have too many people in one room, thoroughly search the room, and know what kinds of things you will be dealing with in an escape room. If you would like to experience this for yourself, here are some local ones: Planet Escape Room, 60out Escape Rooms, Back in Time Escape Rooms, and Maze Rooms Escape Games. So when you do an escape room make sure to keep these tips in mind!