• April 16Flag Ceremony on Friday!!

• April 1243 School Days Left in the Trimester!

Filed under Opinions, Showcase

What Happens After Death?

What happens to our mind, our spirit, and our soul when we die? Do we fly up into an eternal heaven, or fall into an eternal hell? Do we reincarnate in this world as other people, animals, plants, or rocks? Do we keep living the life we led over and over again? Do we simply disappear into nothingness? Many people have tried to figure out how, but of course they won’t know until they get there. When you stop and think about it, you quickly realize there are only two possible answers: something or nothing. Of course, this mystery that everyone wants to find the answer to has multiple answers. But after you read this article, you will know some of the most possible answers to this question.

Atheists believe your life is like a lamp, and that when you cut the cord the lamp stops working. This means that when your heart stops beating, you die. There is no fixing the lamp, it is simply gone. Beliefs about what happens to your soul after death generally fall into 3 popular ideas: Hindus believe in reincarnation, Christians believe in Heaven and Hell, and Atheists believe in complete nonexistence. This limited range of possibilities for life after death is likely due to our strong fear of death, which creates a powerful feeling of fear of what’s next and makes this topic difficult for most people to talk about.

Some people believe that your soul  jumps into a body of some kind on a plane of existence, and it goes on until it is with God. From a Hindu point of view, the soul keeps going through reincarnations, which are learning experiences for the soul. Other people think that they sort of see where they’re coming from and where they’re going. But even if you believe in this or not, there are still so many possibilities to what happens, and we might all be wrong. There might not be anything after death, but whatever happens, we won’t know for sure until we get there ourselves.

People who’ve had a brush with death often report seeing and experiencing life-altering events on “the other side,” like a bright white light at the end of a long tunnel or being reunited with lost relatives or beloved pets. Despite the seemingly supernatural nature of these experiences, experts say that science can explain what’s really going on.

Some people have had near death experiences. Five years ago during a major surgery, the patient bled out, causing him to die for several minutes, The Mirror reported. “‘I woke up in what looked like space but there weren’t any stars or light. I wasn’t floating so to speak, I was just there. I wasn’t hot or cold, hungry or tired – just a peaceful neutral kind of thing. I knew there was light and love somewhere nearby but I had no urge or need to go to it right away. I remember thinking over my life, but it wasn’t like a montage. More like I was idly flipping through a book and snippets stood out here and there. Whatever it was, it changed my thoughts on a few things. I am still afraid to die, but I’m not worried about what happens after that.”‘  This man thinks that he has seen life after death, and he says it’s calm and easy.

Death is an unavoidable part of life. If we are to live life honestly and without fear, we have to also accept that death is part of all of our lives. Death should not cause us to live in fear, but rather to live our lives in the very best way that we can. It is important to not “bury our head in the sand” and instead to spend time with family and friends. Live life to the fullest, you weren’t born to exist, you were born to live!

Sources:

https://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/life-after-death-what-happens/

http://www.kabbalah.info/bb/what-happens-when-you-die/