• February 13Trimester 2 Ends on March 22

• February 6Flag Ceremony Next Friday

• February 1No School for President's Week 2/18-2/22

The Best Structures in the World

The Best Structures in the World

When you think about buildings and structures, you think about boring looking, with endless looking hallways and cubicles, but these buildings are way different than you would ever expect. There are thousands of buildings, landmarks, and structures around the world. But, have you ever thought about which ones were the best? In this article, we will be showing you guys the best buildings in the world. The categories are, most historical, most exotic looking, and record breaking buildings in the world.

Now we will be jumping into the first category, he most historical. The most historical structure that we think is the pyramids of Giza. These pyramids are in the middle of nowhere for sure, but once you see them, you’ll have a nice stroll back into the history of our earth. On the drive to the pyramids, you see the large pyramids being “guarded” by  66 ft tall sphinx, you see the sight of a caravan of camels long in the horizon, peering over the vast mounds of sand dunes. Nothing beats the sight of seeing the most historical structures in the world standing right in front of you in person. These pyramids were built a very long time ago, all the way back in the 2500s BC by (the architect) Hemiunu. You may be thinking, “what makes these pyramids so special?”. Image result for the pyramids of gizaWell, a big factor in what makes these pyramids so special is how it is a marvel of human engineering and construction, and its massive size and scale rivals any structure built within the last few hundred years. It’s construction, though, has always been the subject of much arguments among scholars, because of its sheer size and near perfect proportions.

Next, we will be sliding into the second category, the most exotic looking. We chose the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, located in Singapore, Singapore. You must be wondering, “what is that?”, “why did they choose a hotel?”, well your questions will be answered! The Marina Bay Sands hotel is a set of three buildings with a, wait for it. . . a cruise ship sitting on top of it! This building is 656 feet tall, about twice the height of the Statue of Liberty. On the flight into Singapore, you see the spectacular sight of this building peering over the distance, along with all the other modern day architecture. When you get to this hotel, it has so much in store for you.Image result for marina bay sands hotel You can go swimming in the 490 foot long infinity swimming pool. You can go on a long walk around the deck of the structure, and take in the magnificent view of the sight of Singapore in the distance. You can eat at 4.5 star restaurant while looking at the beautiful city in the distance. This is a 9/10 star rated hotel, with over 2,500 rooms! Imagine exploring every corner of this hotel!

Finally, we will be cruising into our third category, the record breaker. There are many record breaking structures around the world, but we chose the most obvious one. We chose the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world with a height of 2,722 feet high! That’s almost having two Empire State Buildings placed on top of each other. It is so high, that it has 163 floors! It is a building that really makes Dubai stand out compared to other cities. It is said you will be able to see this amazing building from over 60 miles away. That is the same distance from Malibu to Disneyland! Related imageOne of the main purposes of this building was so Dubai could boost their economy, and so  Dubai could be the better than other countries in the area. Dubai even has a major New Year’s show. On the building, displayed is many pictures, showcasing the evolution of Dubai. The countdown then starts, and when it hits one, you see the magnificent sight of fireworks coming out the sides of the building that illuminate the night sky. The Burj Khalifa is a major tourist attraction, and some people just go to Dubai to see the stunner of the building. Some people pay over $200 just to be able to go to the 125th floor of the building. I guess Dubai accomplished what they wanted!

In conclusion, there are thousands of buildings all around the world. But, there are just a few that stick out the most. From most beautiful, to most historical, to record breaking, these are all amazing buildings that should be highly recognized. What is your favorite landmark or building?

Websites used:https://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions-/pyramids-of-giza-egy-giza-giza.htm

https://www.getyourguide.com/burj-khalifa-l2703/

Aidan, Writer

Hi! My name is Aidan. I enjoy things like Music, Volleyball, Art, Video Games, and More! I was born in Vancouver, Canada. I really like to Ski, I have...