• February 13Trimester 2 Ends on March 22

• February 6Flag Ceremony Next Friday

• February 1No School for President's Week 2/18-2/22

The Dangers of Meat!

Have you ever bit into a juicy burger and wondered where it came from? Or have you ever bitten into a bite of flavorful chicken and wondered the same? I know that I love a good chicken sandwich, but sometimes, it’s not good for you. Unless your vegetarian, this article is for you. In this article, we will be talking about the consequences of eating lots and lots of meat, and why you should cut back on it. Humans meat intake is life-threatening to many endangered species all over the world. Some meats can shorten your life and even put you at risk for cancer, and some doctors say humans aren’t even designed to eat meat. Eating large amounts of meat has affected humans and animals all over the world.

Humans are eating too much meat. One human can devour an average of 222.2 pounds of meat per year. Meats can even be dangerous. They can shorten your life and could put you at risk for certain cancers. A research team led by Dr. Frank Hu of the Harvard School of Public Health set out to learn more about red meat. In the study, almost 24,000 participants died during the study, including about 5,900 from cardiovascular disease and about 9,500 from cancer. Those who consumed the highest levels of both unprocessed, which is a little bit healthier and processed red meat had the highest risk of all causes of mortality, cancer mortality and cardiovascular (your heart), disease mortality. This proves that red meat can definitely be consumed less, and humans who eat less red meat can live a longer life.

Even though meat is delicious, it’s not even that healthy for you. Some scientists say that humans weren’t designed to eat meat because of our flat teeth and using tools to eat. When you eat meat, you put bad toxins and other things that can harm you into your body. Meat has many bad things in it such as cholesterol, toxins like pesticides, unnatural substances like GMO, drugs like antibiotics and hormones, and many more things that can put your life at risk. This is why many people are choosing to go vegetarian, who eat fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, peanuts, seeds, soy foods, beans, peas, lentils, eggs, and dairy products. Vegetarians who don’t eat meat generally eat fewer calories and less fat, weigh less and have a lower risk of heart disease than non-vegetarians do. Being vegetarian is a great option if you are realizing the downfall of eating meat.

As well as humans consuming meat, many people don’t understand that they are taking the lives of billions of harmless animals each year. The torture and cruelty that these animals are subjected to industrial farming before death is more than most people are capable of imagining. Many animals have become extinct or nearly extinct because of hunting. A few of these species are Caspian tigers, Polar Bears, Mediterranean Monk Seals, who are hunted for their meat and other things. This is just a few of the species of animals that have gone extinct because of hunting. You can find a many more of these poor animals who have gone extinct at hunted to death. This evidence shows the impact of hunting on animals’ lives.

In conclusion, animals are becoming endangered or even worse, extinct because of the constant meat eating each year. Every year, this happens because of our bad meat-eating habits. Meat isn’t even one of the safest foods to eat. It can release toxins and other harmful chemicals in your body because of the things that animals are being forced to eat before death. People don’t even realize that they are taking the lives of billions of animals every year. Eating meat is fine if you consume small amounts, but eating too much can be harmful to your body. Sometimes being vegetarian is the best option if you want to cut back on meat and save the lives of innocent animals. Overall, hunting animals has become a huge problem in modern day society.

Links:

If you want to see the number of animals that are being killed every second, go to this link:

Ashley, Writer

Hi, I'm Ashley. I love to dance and hang out with friends in my free time. I have two younger brothers too. I was born in Hermosa Beach, California. I...