• February 28March 22 - Middle School Dance in the MPR

• February 13Trimester 2 Ends on March 15!!!!!!!

From Coffee Beans to Tasty Drinks

When you walk in, you smell coffee and you feel the rustic vibe of the coffee shop, you hear the typing on computers and names being called. I bet you figured it out by now it’s Starbucks! Its everyone’s favorite coffee shop and if they tell you otherwise either they’re lying or they’re crazy. Just kidding, but Starbucks does have many qualities that could change their opinion. An unexpected history, a variety of drinks and food, and it is a great place to get some work done. What’s not to love?  Starbucks is a great place to go with your friends, family, or by yourself while enjoying a delicious drink.

The first Starbucks opened in Seattle, Washington, 2000 Western Ave on March 31 1971 to 1976. The original Starbucks was moved to 1912 Pike Place. The idea of Starbucks was founded by 3 friends who met in college, an English teacher Jerry Baldwin, history teacher Zev Siegl, and writer Gordon Bowker. They wanted to sell high-quality coffee beans, after Alfred Peet showed them his style of roasting coffee beans. The name Starbucks comes from a bizarre story, as Bowker owned an advertising agency he thought that a word starting with ‘st’ would be the best name for their new business. For some odd reason they were looking at an old mining map of the Cascade Range, and found a town called Starbo. Bowker suddenly got the idea to name the coffee shop Starbucks after the Moby Dick character Starbuck. I know, right? At first they only sold coffee beans, but as their brand franchised, they renovated their coffee bean shop in to the loving Starbucks that you know today.

Starbucks doesn’t just have your ordinary cup of coffee, they also have a variety of drinks for everyone to sip on and enjoy. First starting with coffee; Starbucks has cold and hot options. One hot drink is a Blonde Roast, it is one of the many delicious espresso blends that Starbucks offers. They also have many cold drinks to choose from such as coffee over some ice also known as an ice coffee. Starbucks has so many blends of coffee you could make a collection. Starbucks has ice teas that are perfect for a refreshing drink on a summer day, or a warm tea for a chilly winter day. One of the many hot teas Starbucks has is the Shaken Sweet Tea or a Chai Latte if you want a warm tea to drink. Starbucks also has refreshers that you can sip on on a hot day or for a little treat. One very popular drink is the Strawberry Acai, but with a twist you can ask for coconut milk, this refreshing drink is a  fruity and sweet drink. Moving on to the most sweetest treat Starbucks has; Frappuccinos! These blended delights have a sweet taste with a milkshake like texture to make this a delicious dessert. Starbucks has many Frappuccinos and is constantly making more delicious flavors. At the moment here are two delicious options from the many others that Starbucks has on the menu. The Ultra Caramel Frappuccino is a great choice, if you like the melting sweetness of caramel in your mouth, or if you want a fruity treat you should try the Serious Strawberry Frappuccino. Starbucks has special flavor drinks for the different seasons. Such as peppermint flavored drinks and pumpkin spice flavored drinks for Autumn too. With many choices, from espresso to a Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino, Starbucks has it all.

Starbucks started with 3 friends who met in college with an idea. Now it is a multi-billion dollar company. Starbucks was formed from a surprising background, as a petite coffee bean shop, and now they have over 500 customers per day in one store. They have amazing drinks that people go out of their way to get out of bed for. If I had a Starbucks everyday, I would be really happy. Starbucks is truly worth all of the great reviews and money. From a simple cup of coffee to a chocolate Frappuccino, Starbucks truly has everything you could ask for.

Sources:

https://www.coffee.org/History-of-Starbucks

https://www.starbucks.com/