• October 11Friday, October 26: I am ¨ JEAN-ious¨ I make HEALTHY Choices: Wear your jeans and your HVS t-shirt to school!

• October 11Thursday October 25: Team Up for Wellness: Wear you favorite team jersey to school!

• October 11Wednesday, October 24: Put a Cap on a Healthy Lifestyle and Unite against Bullying: Wear you favorite cap and orange T-shirt to school!

Top 5 Fastest Roller Coasters in the World

Maybe you’ve wondered what is the craziest, wildest, fastest roller coaster in the world is? If you have ever been to Six Flags or Knotts Berry Farm, you might’ve thought that those rides were too crazy for you. So if you really thought that those rides were very scary and that you wouldn’t ride them for 1 million dollars, wait until you see these roller coasters. These roller coasters are on the next level of crazy.  We are here today to tell you what the top 5 fastest roller coasters in the world.

5. Vertical Accelerator

Vertical Accelerator goes up while experiencing a twist and then after one second of going in a straight line the coaster immediately goes down. This roller coaster that spans about 880 meters and is the equivalent of seven soccer fields. It can reach a top speed of 180 kmh or 111 miles per hour in five seconds. It is Europe’s highest roller coaster and can hold 1,200 people per hour. Fun fact: Once you get up to the front of the line for this ride, it was created to look like a real F1 pit stop. Also, it goes 112 meters high which is 336 feet tall. Remember that this was number 5 on this list so wait until you see the next four roller coasters. You can find this roller coaster at Ferrari Land in Salou, Spain.

4. Do-Dodonpa

Do-Dodonpa is a very twisty and turning ride. It has a a huge loop and the tracks turn you on your side. There are also two tunnels with bright-neon lights inside of them.  This ride uses compressed air to launch the trains. Compressed air is air that has been compressed to a higher pressure than atmospheric pressure. The steel roller coaster opened to the public on December 21, 2001. It made national headlines when it broke 2 world records for being the fastest roller coaster in the world with Superman in 2001 and also the fastest acceleration in the world. Do-Dodonpa acceleration goes from 0-180 kilometers per hour or 0-112 miles per hour in 1.56 seconds. To put that in words, this is about twice as fast as the fastest car in the world’s acceleration in under 3 seconds. It still holds the record to this day. You can find this roller coaster at Fujiyoshida, Japan in the Fuji-Q Highland amusement park.

3. Top Thrill Dragster

The Top Thrill Dragster is a roller coaster that goes straight up at a ninety degree angle. It has turns as your going up and as your going down. If you have nausea or motion sickness I wouldn’t recommend going on this ride because you would be leaving the ride with a lot of throw up on you. Also spending the rest of the day at this amusement park when you’re sick would not be fun. Trust me, I’ve experienced this myself. This roller coaster goes from 0 to 120 miles per hour in 3.8 seconds! Now that’s pretty fast. Top Thrill Dragster is the second-tallest steel roller coaster in the world at 420 feet. You can find this roller coaster at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.

2. Kingda Ka.

Kingda Ka is a steel roller coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey. Built in 2005 to be the world’s tallest and fastest roller coaster Kingda Ka is one of only two strata coaster in the world. A strata roller coaster is any complete-circuit roller coaster with a height between 400 and 499 feet. It has a a max speed of 205 kilometers per hour or 128 mph, now that’s pretty fast. Kingda goes up 456 feet or 139 meters high. It first opened on May 25, 2005 and is still operating today. The ride last 28 seconds from the time it is launched to the time that it arrives back at the launch station. Kingda Ka is the world’s tallest steel roller coaster. Fun Fact: Kingda Ka held the world’s fastest roller coaster.

1. Formula Rossa

Formula Rossa is the fastest roller coaster in the world if you could not tell by our list. Anyways, the Formula Rossa roller coaster was built on November 4, 2010. This coaster can accelerate to a top speed in 5 seconds using a hydraulic launch system. That is very fast!  Did you know that that that launch time is the equivalent to a release velocity similar to that of steam catapults on an aircraft carrier! Now that is definitely very, very fast! On this ride, it goes so fast that riders have to wear protective glasses! The roller coaster track is 2.2 kilometers or 1.4 miles in length, ranking it 6th in the world for steel roller coaster! Fun Fact: during construction of this roller coaster, it was supposed to be named F1 coaster which is a very boring name compared to the name that it is now which is Formula Rossa. You can find the world’s fastest roller coaster in the world at Ferrari world in Abu, Dubai. 

To wrap up the fastest roller coasters in the world, we have come to a conclusion that these are definitely the next level of super rides in the world. So next time you go to an amusement park  and see a roller coaster that looks way too crazy to ride, remember this list because you probably would want to ride that over these.