• December 14No school; Winter break is 12/24/18 through 1/4/18

• December 14Friday minimum day dismissal 12/21/18 at Hermosa Valley

Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

Are you new to Hermosa Beach? Are all of the different places that you can go overwhelming to you? Well, we are here to help you! In this article, we will be exploring all of the different places that you can visit or go to, in Hermosa Beach, California.

Lets begin with activities. Some things that you can do include beach volleyball, surfing, swimming, biking, tanning on the beach, running, eating, and much more!

To play beach volleyball, all you have to do is find a volleyball, a court, and some friends or others to play with. If you don’t have anyone to play with, ask someone who is already there. There may be some random people or a fun class that you can join. Most people in Hermosa Beach are very friendly. The best time to play is in the morning when it is not as windy. If you want to ride a bike and you don’t have one, you can rent one from the Hermosa Cyclery. At the bike shop, you can rent many different things that you can ride on the strand.

Some other things that you can do don’t even require much. For tanning on the beach, all you need is yourself and maybe a towel to lay on. Tanning by the ocean can be very calming and relaxing. Another thing that you can do is running. When you want to run in Hermosa, you have many different options. You can run on the strand, on the beach, the greenbelt, or even just on the sidewalk. One of the more popular places to run is the strand, because you get a nice view from wherever you are, an ocean breeze, and a good path to run on. Swimming is one of the most popular activities to do in Hermosa Beach. It is best to swim in the afternoon or evening. The waves depend on the day so, there is a chance you may not get big waves. Another one of many activities is surfing . It is best to surf in the morning or right before it gets dark. This is because there is a shorter line when surfing. The winds are better and there are bigger waves.

When you get hungry, there are many reasonable priced places that you can go and eat at. There is Italian, Mexican, American, and much more. Some of the Italian places that we recommend are Fritto Misto, Paisano’s Pizza., and Mickey’s Deli. These restaurants have pizza, pasta, salads, and many more options. A couple American places are Boardwalk, Greenbelt, and Good Stuff. They have things like burgers, sandwiches, chicken, and salads. A couple Mexican places are Amigo’s Tacos, La Playita, and El Gringo. They have things like tacos, burritos, and enchiladas. There are many  restaurants directly on the pier that you can go to such as Hennessy’s, Sharkeez, Patrick Malloys, and many more. Although El Gringo and Mickey’s are farther away from the pier they are still nice places to eat. Hermosa also has many different dessert places you can go to for example, Paciugo for a nice and creamy gelato, Baked Bear for ice cream sandwiches, Paradis for your tropical ice cream/sorbet, or Paradise Bowls for a healthier option. If you get thirsty, you can head down to Starbucks for coffee or an iced drink.. Our personal favorite dessert place to go to is Baked Bear.

Another thing to do in Hermosa Beach is shop. There are many different beachy shops that you can go to. Spyder Surf is a good example of one. They have everything from swimsuits, clothes, sunscreen, towels, zinka, hats and much more. Treasure Chest is a shop directly on the pier that has many random toys, sweatshirts, and Hermosa themed accessories. In Hermosa Beach, there are many other shops to visit.

Hermosa Beach is a small town with many different things to do. You can go shopping, eat food, get dessert, go to the beach, and much more. Hopefully, after reading this, you will want to visit Hermosa too!

—Sources cited—

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qEgof5XpMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOlLH7fXbf8

1 Comment

One Response to “Hermosa Beach Survival Guide”

1. Sia on October 8th, 2018 2:22 pm

Such a good article! 🙂

• Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

Easy Halloween Costumes

• Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

Famous Movie Locations

• Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

Math is Important in Everyday Life: Fact, or Fiction?

• Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

What Exactly Is the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk?

• Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

Ms. Snyder

• Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

Dream Destinations Around the World

• Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

What is Frienship Club?

• Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

Just How Strict Is Our Dress Code?

• Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

The Artsy Ms. Fuller

• Hermosa Beach Survival Guide

What is Rolled Ice Cream?

Hermosa Beach Survival Guide