• December 14No school; Winter break is 12/24/18 through 1/4/18

• December 14Friday minimum day dismissal 12/21/18 at Hermosa Valley

Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?

Have you ever heard of Billie Eilish? She is a popular song artist, and her music career started around 2016-2017, which was when her first song was released. But she hit it big when her song “Ocean Eyes” went viral in 2016. Billie’s career in music had taken off.

Let’s start with her background. Billie was born on December 18th, 2001. She was born in Los Angeles, California, with her full name Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell. And her brother, Finneas O’Connell, is 8 years older than her. By the time when she was about 6, she had found her love for music, she also sang in the Los Angeles Children’s Chorus when she was little. She was singing, dancing, & writing songs. she and her brother write all of her songs. Some of her songs are featured on some popular shows, such as “13 Reasons Why.”

Billie strongly believes in women’s rights and is a very independent person. She says what’s on her mind and doesn’t let anyone tell her what to do. In her song, Copycat, she says “Watch your back when you can’t watch mine,” Meaning not to copy her, because she notices, lots of people look up to Billie Eilish and want to be just like her, but the lyric tells you not to copy her.  While writing songs, she expresses herself fully and doesn’t write what she doesn’t want to. Billie Eilish produced her first song through Darkroom Interscope©️. Her father and her brother help produce her music, Billie and her brother write her songs together, and her mother coaches her to be a better singer.

During her tours, fans are constantly asking for autographs, signatures, and for her to sing longer. Her tour prices range from $90-$500 depending on where you buy the tickets from and what you buy it for. During her tours, she is on a specific schedule. She keeps to herself (sometimes) and is very focused. Her early tours starting in late 2017, she hasn’t been “famous” for long. I found out about Billie 1 year ago when her song “Bellyache” came on the radio. And ever since then, I’ve been ‘addicted’.

Most of her songs are featuring depression, something bad happening, anxiety when in reality all of her songs are written with her brother and her just throwing out ideas. The reason people like her music is because of her voice, her beautiful, flawless (to me) voice. Billie has produced many songs (None of which I don’t like!). People all around the world listen to Billie Eilish songs; her hit song, Ocean Eyes, has over 29 million views! That’s insane! And, all the songs that she makes averages over 20 million views on YouTube!

Billie Eilish was about 15 when she produced her first song, If you ask me, that’s pretty young! One of Billie’s first song was off of the show “The Walking Dead.” It’s called ‘Fingers Crossed.” She wrote that when she was about 12.

All in all, Billie’s beautiful voice, wonderfully written lyrics, and “striking” personality makes her unique. “Your italics, I’m in BOLD” -Billie Eilish

10 Comments

10 Responses to “Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?”

1. Lucas on October 4th, 2018 2:24 pm

“Africa” by Toto has 421 million plays, I think we know who is better. 🙂

2. Payton Williams on October 4th, 2018 2:37 pm

You never know who will be more successful in the end…
    Just sayn’

3. skyler on October 4th, 2018 2:56 pm

I just listened to “copy cat” by Billie Eilish. Its so good!

4. Audrey on October 5th, 2018 11:39 am

OMG! i love Billie Eilish. Im so glad you wrote about her Payton! <3

5. Lucas on October 8th, 2018 2:51 pm

I mean, “Africa” is just a good, holy song and all of Billie’s songs are about “fake depression” and just overall “edgy.” I believe, along with many others, that being “edgy” and “fake depressed” isn’t really that cool and when songs are completely based off of that it really ruins the song, it makes the song shallow and just overall bad. While Toto on the other hand, make songs about kindness and show some of the problems around the world in a fairly deep, hard to catch way.

6. Lucas on October 8th, 2018 3:07 pm

By the way, Billie’s brother writes her songs, that fact alone shows how she literally profits off of other peoples work and how she really doesn’t do anything but sing. She is probably just a shallow 16 year old that doesn’t understand half of the things she sings about. And $500 tickets! What kind of shallow person would charge their fans $500! Even if it was a “meet and greet” I bought VIP meet and greet tickets for only $69. How cheap is she? In every photo of her she is wearing some kind of designer clothing and “flexing,” I understand that some people have different backgrounds and some people can afford these kinds of thing but when you only wear these kinds of clothes it makes you appear really shallow and stuck up.

7. Payton on October 9th, 2018 2:47 pm

Billie eilish is awesome

8. Payton on October 9th, 2018 2:49 pm

And by the way, nobody asked you 🙂

9. AUDREY on October 10th, 2018 11:06 am

@lucas, THEY WRITE SONGS TOGETHER. You obviously know nothing about her so stop. She doesn’t have ‘fake depression’, she just likes writing songs like that. I don’t know if you know this, but for alot of girls, its hard to write a song without it being dark. You are being rude and stating fake facts. Also, all her cloths are thrifted or gifted. kthxbai

10. Lucas on October 10th, 2018 1:44 pm

Why is it so hard to write as a girl without being dark? There are so many positive things that happen is this world, or at least enough for one positive song written by a girl. I can give some examples: Kavanaugh joining in the supreme court, Donald Trump getting elected for president (happened a while ago but there are still positive effects), black communities are not as impoverished, and the world is at peace; for the most part anyways. On the other hand, how do you know all of her clothes are “thrifted or gifted?” kthxbai

• Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?

Easy Halloween Costumes

• Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?

Famous Movie Locations

• Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?

Math is Important in Everyday Life: Fact, or Fiction?

• Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?

What Exactly Is the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk?

• Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?

Ms. Snyder

• Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?

Dream Destinations Around the World

• Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?

What is Frienship Club?

• Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?

Just How Strict Is Our Dress Code?

• Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?

The Artsy Ms. Fuller

• Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?

What is Rolled Ice Cream?

Is This Girl The Next Big Hit?