• April 16Flag Ceremony on Friday!!

• April 1243 School Days Left in the Trimester!

Filed under Arts and Culture

What Are Great Books to Read in Middle School?

Hey, middle schoolers! Can’t seem to find a book this year? Check this article out and you’ll find out some of the greatest books ever written. Reading might not be a favorite subject for you, but your thoughts about books might change after you learn more information in this article. If you have Mr. Coleman for your language arts teacher, you can use some of these books to fill out your list of reading categories.

First, we have the Harry Potter series. These seven books are about an eleven-year-old boy that becomes a wizard and saves the wizarding world from a dark wizard named Voldemort. Harry Potter will always leave you on cliffhangers and keep you reading. Also, if you want to know just how many people have read this series, the Harry Potter series has made J.K. Rowling a billionaire. This is a great series for you if you love fantasy books.

Next, there are the Percy Jackson series. This is a five-book series that deals with a troubled demigod kid who grows up fighting against monsters and other magical threats. Similar to Harry Potter, Percy Jackson will make you keep turning the page and keep on reading. This is another great recommendation for people that are into fantasy.

Then, there is also The Hunger Games. The Hunger Games are books for readers that love nonstop action. The story is about how twenty-four teenagers called “tributes” are thrown into an arena to kill each other for show, and in the end, one victor will survive to the end. Also, The Hunger Games is what helped create many video games, hence the name “The Hunger Games.”

Let’s say that you prefer solo books. Well, there is a great book called Ready Player One. It is a book that takes place in the future, mostly in the virtual reality world. The plot is that James Halliday announced that before his death, he created a contest in the OASIS, a VR-world, that would have an easter egg at the finish. The person to solve all of the puzzles, twists, and mysteries to get to the egg would inherit two hundred forty billion dollars and control of the OASIS. This is a book that combines mysteries, action, and sci-fi in the same story.

Last, but not least, we have a book called The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green. This is a book that deals with real-life problems and struggles, like cancer and diseases. This is a great novel for those that love a good story line and an eventful plot. This book is interesting because it has many happy moments, but when you least expect it, very sad moments come in. But it’s definitely worth a read!

I hope you found this article interesting. If you have already read some of these books, then great! But if you haven’t, be sure to check out some of these amazing stories!

Anthony, Writer

My name is Anthony. I was born in Torrance, California. I like playing games and going to the beach. I can play the drums and the piano. I have two cats....