• April 16Flag Ceremony on Friday!!

• April 1243 School Days Left in the Trimester!

What Exactly Is the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk?

The Skechers Pier to Pier Walk is an event sponsored by the Friendship Foundation and Skechers USA. Every year, this event is hosted to raise money to help support education and people with special needs. 2018 will mark the 10th year of the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk. Celebrities attend and perform at the walk each year! Some celebrities include Asia Monet Ray, a singer and dancer who starred on reality TV shows Raising Asia, and Dance Moms, the cast of This is Us, Jason Drucker, From Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Nickelodeon stars, Aidan Miner, Jason Duch, Kyson Facer,  and Jada Facer. This year, the walk is taking place on October 28, 2018, and over $1,500,000 have been donated to help the cause. For every registered person, Skechers donates three times the amount donated to Hermosa schools. In total, $146,000 has been donated to the Hermosa Beach Education Foundation from this ‘Multiplier Effect’, and this year, they’re aiming to reach $150,000.

Why Should You Care?

Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk is one of the largest fundraisers for HBEF, which supports our middle school electives, our music, our library, PE, and our STEAM classes. Apart from making an amazing contribution to your school district and community, the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk is a great opportunity to bond with you teachers, your classmates, and win amazing prizes. Still not convinced? The first homeroom class to have all of its students registered will receive free ice cream vouchers from the Paradis Ice Cream Cafe. Not only that, but by registering for the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk, the mile run can be skipped.

Friendship is an important part of a child’s social and emotional development. By registering for the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk, you are giving children with special needs a sense of belonging and acceptance.

How Can You Help?

There are so many ways that you can help! In order to make sure that your donation goes to the Hermosa Beach Education Foundation, make sure to register and to select HBEF when asked what you would like your contribution to support. Even if you register, you do not have to run! You can register as a virtual walker, or a ‘sleep walker’. Your contribution will still count even if you do not show up. Remember, for each registered walker, three times the amount of money is donated to the Hermosa Beach Education Foundation. Each registered walker is $30. By registering, about $150 are donated. More information on how to register can be found here.

You can also support the Friendship Foundation by donating to the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk. Your donation will provide friendships for children with special needs, and much needed materials to help children with special needs. More information on how and where to donate can be found on the Skechers Friendship Walk donation page.

For only $30, you can make an amazing contribution to your school district. Make sure to register for the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk today!

Photo Gallery

Pictured below, Teacher here at Hermosa Valley, Mrs. Spann, runs at the Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk with her class.

Pictured Below, Skechers Pier to Pier Friendship Walk Merchandise.