• February 28March 22 - Middle School Dance in the MPR

• February 13Trimester 2 Ends on March 15!!!!!!!

The Future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

The Marvel Cinematic Universe exploded with box office when Avengers: Infinity War hit the theaters. Fans walked out the theaters thinking “What does the future mean for the MCU?” With the release of Ant-Man and the Wasp, there are now twenty films in the MCU. There are many more movies scheduled to come out in the next few years.

Captain Marvel will be the twenty-first installment in the MCU. It is about a cosmic super-heroine that gets stuck in the middle of a galactic war between two races of aliens. Her powers are superhuman strength, endurance, stamina, flight, physical durability, super speed, and a “sixth sense,” which is supposed to detect when something is going to happen. It’s kind of like Spider-Man “spider-sense.” Since she is part Kree, she is resistant to most toxins, gases, and poisons. And, she can survive in space. Also, Captain Marvel’s real name is Carol Denvers. This movie is scheduled to come out on March 8, 2019.

Avengers 4 will be the twenty-second installment in the MCU. It does not have a title yet, but we know that it is the part 2 of Infinity War. Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, Okoye, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Nebula, Mantis, Drax, Rocket Raccoon, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, War Machine, Bucky Barnes, Captain Marvel, and possibly Hawkeye will face off against Thanos for a second time to defeat him. This movie is scheduled to come out on May 3, 2019.

Spider-Man: Far From Home will be the twenty-third movie in the MCU. With the Vulture in jail, Peter Parker will have to face against a new threat: Mysterio. Spider-Man’s powers are the ability to cling to walls, enhanced strength, enhanced speed, enhanced agility, a sixth sense (spider-sense) that alerts him to danger, and web shooters that shoot different types of web fluid. His suit provides him his own artificial intelligence companion, given to him by his watchful mentor, Tony Stark. This movie is scheduled to come out on July 5, 2019.

Also, in 2020-2022, there is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, will definitely be released. There is also a potential Black Panther 2. Because of how well the original Black Panther did. There is also likely going to be a Black Widow, a story of this heroine because so many people have been asking for a Black Widow solo movie.

Those were all the films that we could find that could potentially be released or will definitely be released. And although hinted in the second post-credit scene of Doctor Strange, we chose to leave out a sequel to this movie because there were no announcements of making the second Doctor Strange. But overall, we are looking towards a great future for the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

Anthony, Writer

My name is Anthony. I was born in Torrance, California. I like playing games and going to the beach. I can play the drums and the piano. I have two cats....