• October 11Friday, October 26: I am ¨ JEAN-ious¨ I make HEALTHY Choices: Wear your jeans and your HVS t-shirt to school!

• October 11Thursday October 25: Team Up for Wellness: Wear you favorite team jersey to school!

• October 11Wednesday, October 24: Put a Cap on a Healthy Lifestyle and Unite against Bullying: Wear you favorite cap and orange T-shirt to school!

Filed under Arts and Culture

Who is Captain Marvel?

If you are not a comic book fan, you probably haven’t heard of Captain Marvel before Avengers: Infinity War came out- and you likely wouldn’t have guessed that she is a woman. Captain Marvel has many powers such as superhuman strength, endurance, flight, physical durability, stamina, and the ability to shoot concussive energy bursts from her hands. She is one of the most powerful beings capable of immense power, and she just might be able to help restore life to the universe.

Captain Marvel has many powers, but she also has a human/Kree physiology (an organism’s body’s functions) that makes her resistant to most poisons and toxins. Captain Marvel can exist in space without any technological assistance, such as space ships or planes. Her real name is Carol Susan Jane Danvers and she is 5’11”. Captain Marvel is a major in the Air Force and she is also a C.I.A. agent. Marvel Studios President, Kevin Feige, states, “Captain Marvel is the most powerful superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) that we have ever introduced.”

At the end of Avengers: Infinity War, Nick Fury, the director of S.H.I.E.L.D.., a covert, international peacekeeping organization, grabs a pager from his car and presses a button. The pager drops to the floor, showing a “sending” message on the screen, before a strange looking insignia appears in front of a blue and red logo. The logo represents one of the most powerful heroes in the Marvel Universe, Captain Marvel. There is a rumor that in the new Avengers movie, which is coming out in 2019, Captain Marvel is going to save the Avengers and Nick Fury and she is going to team up with the Avengers to conquer Thanos.

A new movie, Captain Marvel, is coming out in theaters on March 6th, 2019. In the movie, Captain Marvel becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. The Captain Marvel film is rumored to be set in the 1990’s telling the origin of her powers, as well as her connection to Nick Fury and the rise of S.H.I.E.L.D. Captain Marvel will be played by Brie Larson. Brie Larson has been in Kong: Skull Island and 13 Going on 30.

Carol is known to fight crime on Earth and in space. She married a man who was the Kree guardian of Earth. Kree are scientifically and technologically advanced aliens. Captain Marvel’s DNA was fused with Mar-Vell’s(her husband) during an explosion, giving her superhuman powers. After they got married, they had a son, and soon after that, her husband died.

Captain Marvel is very unique because she is the very first female superhero in the Marvel Universe to get her own solo film. In my opinion, Marvel Studios is really lacking female superhero films. Marvel Studios needs to catch up because DC already has three solo female superhero films, and are about to have four. Right now, Marvel only has one female superhero film. I think that Marvel Studios should start making some new movies about some new female superheros before DC can get too ahead of them!

Captain Marvel has many powers and she is very strong and powerful. Because of this, I think that she can save the Avengers and help destroy Thanos once and for all! I hope that this article has given you a better understanding about who Captain Marvel is and what she is capable of.

Sources Cited:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Danvers

http://marvel.com/universe/Captain_Marvel_(Mar-Vell)#axzz5EZQQ4LRB

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/953653/Avengers-infinity-war-captain-marvel-travel-time

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154664/

https://www.bustle.com/p/can-captain-marvel-fly-11-things-to-know-about-the-hero-thatll-make-you-even-more-obsessed-9035148