The Qualities of an A+ Student

Does your grade define your intelligence? Scientists have been studying this statement for years, and they have finally come up with a conclusion. A student is not based on their grade, they are based on their willingness to learn and participate.

Students are determined on their interest to learn and their willingness to work hard. “There should be a good balance between being a good student and being able to enjoy your school life,” says Vanessa Minnillo. What really makes a good student goes back to your kindergarten rules. These rules include going to school everyday (unless you are unable to), have your supplies ready and organized for your class, pay attention in class and try not to chat with your friends, complete assignments on time and with great effort, follow directions and do what the teachers say, participate in class activities, follow all school rules, and always do the best you can. Students have qualities that make them smart like being curious because if you are interested in what your learning, you want to learn more. A major thing to work on is to not slack off and to hit the books and start learning a new part of that subject.

A good way to achieve all these rules is to have self discipline and manage your time or use your time wisely. There are only 24 hours in a day and you have to use your time in class as useful as possible. Try not to think of how much work you will have, but rather of how you use your time in school on a daily basis. Time management is hard but if you take notes and don’t procrastinate, then no matter how many after school sports and extracurricular classes you take, it can be easy. Remember, a minute now is one precious minute later, you can’t put time back on the clock, so it’s best to finish your work first, then have free time. Always be prepared and double check if you have all your work, get organized and ready for your class, be attentive and show the teacher you really want to be there, avoid distractions and focus on the task at hand, study and learn from your notes, and never put off work thinking your going to finish it later. It’s always good to relax your brain and take a nap or a break. Even if you are getting a 98% in the class it’s always good to go the extra mile and do some extra credit or after class activities. School is not only about your grades, but also about your citizenship. Be very nice to your peers and teachers. If you’re having a problem with anyone, let your teacher know.

School is a big part in your life and it’s really important to make the best out of it. It can be difficult to do all these things and do the best you can, but it will pay off in the end and you will feel a lot better about yourself. Having said all of this, the original most important part of school is learning, so a B in a class that you are constantly learning in is better than an A+ in a class that you never do anything or learn anything in.