• October 11Friday, October 26: I am ¨ JEAN-ious¨ I make HEALTHY Choices: Wear your jeans and your HVS t-shirt to school!

• October 11Thursday October 25: Team Up for Wellness: Wear you favorite team jersey to school!

• October 11Wednesday, October 24: Put a Cap on a Healthy Lifestyle and Unite against Bullying: Wear you favorite cap and orange T-shirt to school!

The Headphones of the future

Do you think you know the most convenient and clear way to listen to audio? You might, because it’s been around for a couple of years. Yup, you guessed it, the answer is  Bluetooth! Now you might be think why did i need to know about this junk well, What you might not know, however, is that recently, the company Apple has started to remove the input for the charger and the headphones/earbuds on the newer iPhones. This is to make the new iPhones waterproof, and now headphones are going to need Bluetooth to keep up with iPhone users. So if you have an apple phone which most of you out there probably do then this is going to affect you.  Apple has been selling bluetooth headphones in their stores for years. Apple also has their own Bluetooth earbuds called “Airpods” that are like normal Apple headphones, except they do not have a chord.

Now, let’s talk about the downside of almost all bluetooth headphones: price. Cost is a bit of a concern for the bluetooth headphones, seeing as how the Apple Airpods are 160-270 dollars. My brother recently got Bluetooth headphones, and he said that, “The only problem is there are no mediocre headphones, all of them are high quality. Like, I’ve never seen medium priced, medium quality, Bluetooth headphones.” He did, however, purchase them from the Apple store. From my personal research, I’ve found out that there are either 100-200 dollar bluetooth headphones or 30 dollar low-quality ones. It’s all or nothing with Bluetooth headphones. For example if you search airpods you will see some that are $160 to $180 and if you scroll down some more you will see $30 to $9  ones here and there, however I wouldn’t trust it. Another downside is that they have a battery life like a phone but at least you can charge and listen to music at the same time.

On the positive side of Bluetooth headphones, there is no wire to get in your way while you’re playing sports, or to randomly get caught on something and get the headphones yanked out of your ear. Also, if you’re running around you don’t have to hold your phone  out it of your pocket, you can just set it down near you. Bluetooth headphones are usually better at blocking outside noise, so they make it easier to relax if you live in a city, or people are outside are yelling. It is more comfortable then normal headphones, because you don’t need to worry about if the wire is at its max and is about to get pulled off your head and if you drop your phone then the wire wont get pulled out of your phone. Samsung phones also have Bluetooth, but even though it’s not needed for Samsung phones it’s a lot easier to use. So which would you choose? The more expensive, but higher quality Bluetooth headphones, or the less expensive, regular wired headphones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/experts-how-does-bluetooth-work