• October 11Friday, October 26: I am ¨ JEAN-ious¨ I make HEALTHY Choices: Wear your jeans and your HVS t-shirt to school!

• October 11Thursday October 25: Team Up for Wellness: Wear you favorite team jersey to school!

• October 11Wednesday, October 24: Put a Cap on a Healthy Lifestyle and Unite against Bullying: Wear you favorite cap and orange T-shirt to school!

Filed under Opinions

Harry Potter

It all started on a train, with a pen, and a napkin. The idea to write the book series, Harry Potter came to Joanne Rowling (also know as her pen name, J.K. Rowling)  in 1990 on a delayed train to London. During her time writing just the first book, she lost her mother, got married, had a child, got divorced, and lived in poverty. When the first book was finally published in 1997, Joanna had gone through so much it made the book’s emotions even more real. I started reading Harry Potter in the first grade with my mom. I have then gone on to reading them by myself at least five more times. I’ve seen all the movies, and have all the extra books. The famous Harry Potter series is what made me who I am today. I know that I say that about a lot of things, but these seven books made me cry and laugh.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, the name given to this book in other parts of the world, or the more familiar name, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone is the first book in the wonderful series. In the 336 pages of the this book, you are tranImage result for harry potter and the sorcerer's stonesported into to another world. In this new world, witches and wizards are real, magical beasts are around every corner, and there is a school to teach you everything about magic that is only a train ride away.

Throughout the book, you join Harry as he makes friends, enemies, learns magic, and tries not to get into trouble. Since he defeated the dark lord (He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named) and lived, his name is known all over the Magical World. He was hidden from the Magical Community for the first ten years of his life, and when he got his letter to go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, his eyes were opened to a whole new world.

At Hogwarts, students learn spells and enchantments, how to fly on a broom, care for magical animals, and learn the basics skills they will need when they leave Hogwarts and enter the Wizarding World.

There are many students that go to Hogwarts. Among these students are Harry’s best friends, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger. With Harry’s new friends, he doesn’t feel alone anymore. He finally has people he can trust, and talk to. Not like his horrible aunt, uncle, and cousin. They mistreat him, and treat him like he is a piece of trash.

This book definitely was an awesome start to the rest of Harry’s journeys. Reading the first book made me want to go to Hogwarts. When everyone was dreaming about playing professional soccer, I was dreaming of playing Quidditch and going to the World Cup. As I continued to read the series I wanted to have an invisibility cloak, ride a dragon, and go to the Ministry of Magic. I would laugh, cry, and yell at my book when Harry makes a stupid mistake. This book makes me believe that anything is possible, magic or not.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Harry Potter”

1. grayson on September 28th, 2018 11:52 am

How many stupid mistakes did Harry make on his own? Not very many. He has good instincts and most of the time when he made a mistake, it was because someone influenced him to make the decision.

2. Bella Dominick on September 28th, 2018 12:05 pm

Umm, actually Harry has made numerous mistakes. If he thought through his actions he wouldn’t get into trouble like he has done, like, a lot. He wouldn’t be “influenced” if he wasn’t so rash and irresponsible. Sure, he saved the world, but his personality gives Gryffindor a bad name. And I would know, since I’m a Gryffindor.

3. Anonymous on October 1st, 2018 2:27 pm

I believe that you both have a point. Harry did make mistakes by influence, (In fact the mistakes he made on his own are almost or are the exact same amount as his influence) But he also made most of the big mistakes by just being himself. Harry wouldn’t be in that situation in the first place if he just had a better background. If you ask me, it really is Voldemort’s fault. But what do I know… Also this was a great article!!!

Harry Potter