• June 20Last Day of School 6/21 Early Out 12:30

Filed under Arts and Culture

Beyond Talented

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT -- Pictured:

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT -- Pictured: "America's Got Talent" Horizontal Logo -- (Photo by: NBCUniversal)

NBCUniversal

NBCUniversal

“America has voted, and the winner of America’s Got Talent is…” The final two competitors are trembling with fear, sweat going drip by drip down their face, waiting for the results. The NBC channel hit tv series, “America’s Got Talent” has been going on for twelve summers now, and the twelfth one has just ended. Whether the participants make it through to Radio City Music Hall is all in the judge’s hands. Currently, the judges are Heidi Klum, Simon Cowell, Mel B, and Howie Mandel. Winners throughout the years have included magicians, comedians, dancers, and more. All the winners have been working and practicing for years and years now, they had just accomplished their goal in life.

They get $1,000,000 and their own show produced in Vegas! The very first one that had not only got the grand prize, but had got the judges in a happy moment, was Bianca Ryan. She got it all after singing her heart out to the song, “I am Changing.”

Beside from Bianca, the three most-known winners from AGT through the years are Season 9 winner, Mat Franco a great magician, Season 11 artist Grace Vanderwaal, and Season 12 ventriloquist Darci Lynne. Mat Franco, from nearly 3 years ago was so successful that he still has his own show in New York New York, Las Vegas! He had been practicing magic for as long as he could remember, and has acts that we will never forget. Grace Vanderwaal is a 13 year old girl with a big heart and a big voice. Her singing was a huge success, and had a great effect on them and she had made it big time. Grace is now on tour and traveling worldwide. The most recent winner was Darci Lynne Season 12 ventriloquist winner. A ventriloquist is a person who has a puppet and can sing or talk without opening their mouth. That is very hard and very impressive for a 13 year old!

The contestants only get one chance to  blow the judges minds, and possibly get the golden buzzer. Receiving the golden buzzer allows your act to go straight to the live shows. The catch to this is that the judges only get one chance in the whole season to choose a lucky act and press the golden buzzer. It is everyone’s’ dream to get this opportunity to impress the judges, and move forward in the competition.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

In my point of view, I believe that the judges did exactly what I would have done if I were a judge choosing the winner. Then, if I were to win AGT I would probably donate about a third of the money to the Los Angeles Children Hospital, save a third, and go spend the rest.

In conclusion, I believe that the winners have got what it takes and deserve to win the worldwide, national tv talent competition. All of the competitors want to, and will go down in history. Why not give it a try?