• October 11minimum days!(Oct 23rd-Oct 27th)

• October 2Halloween (Oct. 31st)

• October 2Skechers pier to pier walk ( Oct. 29th)

Filed under Arts and Culture

Life of Donald Trump

Could you imagine living a normal life just like anyone else and then growing up to be the President of the United States, here’s a man that did just that. Donald trump has shown that with hard work you can do anything like being a millionaire president. Have you ever wondered how he got there?  Well today you’re gonna find out.

Donald John Trump was born on June 14, 1946 in Queens New York the fourth of five children. Donald was an energetic, assertive child, and his parents sent him to the New York Military Academy at age 13 hoping the discipline of the school would channel his energy in a positive manner. Trump did well at the academy both socially and academically rising to become student leader by the time he graduated in 1964. Trump followed his father into a career in Real Estate development, bringing his grander ambitions to the family business. As a student Trump worked with his father during the summer and then joined his father’s company Elizabeth Trump & Son.

In 1971, Donald Trump was given control of his father’s company, which he later renamed the Trump Organization and moved his company to Manhattan.Trump soon became involved in large building projects in Manhattan that would offer opportunities for earning high profits.Trump’s business practices were called into question in 1973 the federal government filed a complaint against Trump and his father and their company alleging that they had discriminated against tenants and potential tenants based on their race a violation of the Fair Housing Act which is part of the Civil Rights Act of 1968. After a lengthy legal battle the case was settled in 1975. As part of the agreement the Trump company had to train employees about the Fair Housing Act and inform the community about its fair housing practices.

In 1979 Trump leased a site on Fifth Avenue adjacent to the famous Tiffany & Company as the location for a monumental $200 million apartment-retail complex designed by Der Scutt. Opened in 1982 it was dubbed Trump Tower. The 58 story building featured a six-story atrium lined with pink marble and included an 80 foot waterfall. The luxurious building attracted well known retail stores and celebrity renters and brought Trump national attention.

During the same period Trump was investigating the profitable casino gambling business which was approved in New Jersey in 1977 and in 1980 he was able to acquire a piece of property in Atlantic City. Trump brought in his younger brother Robert to head up the complex project of acquiring the land winning a gambling license and obtaining permits and financing. Holiday Inn Corporation, the parent company of Harrah’s casino hotels, offered a partnership, and the $250 million complex opened in 1984 as Harrah’s at Trump Plaza. Trump bought out Holiday Inn soon thereafter and renamed the facility Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino. Trump also purchased a Hilton Hotels casino hotel in Atlantic City when the corporation failed to obtain a gambling license and renamed the $320 million complex Trump’s Castle. Later while it was under construction he was able to acquire the largest hotel casino in the world the Taj Mahal at Atlantic City which opened in 1990. Following multiple bankruptcies throughout the years and a lengthy strike by workers it was announced in 2016 that the Trump Taj Mahal would be closing its doors. Trump himself had lost his last remaining 10 percent interest in the company for the licensing of his name in March.Expanding his empire to the south around this time Trump developed a condominium project in West Palm Beach Florida and in 1989 he branched out to purchase the Eastern Air Lines Shuttle for $365 million which he later renamed the Trump Shuttle. After failing to be profitable, Trump defaulted on the loans and the airline venture ended in 1992 after a merger. In January 1990 Trump flew to Los Angeles to unveil a plan to build a $1 billion commercial and residential project featuring a 125 story office building.

It was in 1990, however that the real estate market declined, reducing the value of and income from Trump’s empire; though he had asserted his own net worth in the neighborhood of $1.5 billion at that time an investigation into his assets revealed that his existing debt likely brought the number closer to $500 million. In any event the Trump Organization required a massive infusion of loans to keep it from collapsing a situation which raised questions as to whether the corporation could survive bankruptcy. Some observers saw Trump’s decline as symbolic of many of the business economic and social excesses that had arisen in the 1980s. In 2000 Trump construction made headlines again when a state appeals court ruled that he had the right to finish an 856 foot tall condominium. The Coalition for Responsible Development had sued the city charging it was violating zoning laws by letting the building reach heights that towered over everything in the neighborhood. The city has since moved to revise its rules to prevent similar projects, but the failure of Trump’s opponents to obtain an injunction allowed him to continue construction.In 2012 Trump’s flirtation with politics resumed when he publicly announced he was considering running for president again. However he did not believed President Barack Obama was born in the United States seemingly discredited his political reputation. In 2013 Trump tweeted that a Hawaiian State Health Director who died of cardiac arrhythmia following a plane crash was somehow connected to a cover up of the president’s birth certificate. In 2016 as he began to clinch his own nomination as the GOP candidate for president Trump toned down his stance telling CNN, “I have my own theory on Obama. Someday I will write a book.” Later that fall, feeling pressure from his campaign advisors to put the conspiracy theory to rest as part of a strategy to appeal to minority voters Trump issued a statement conceding that the president was indeed born in the U.S. In his statement, Trump also blamed his presidential rival Hillary Clinton on the matter “Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy. I finished it. I finished it. You know what I mean,” Trump stated. “President Barack Obama was born in the United States, period.”

Donald trump started as an ordinary kid and worked hard and from that hard work he became our president. I learned many things from Donald trump like how he never backed down to anyone even the government when  they accused him of doing things he didn’t do.