• October 11minimum days!(Oct 23rd-Oct 27th)

• October 2Halloween (Oct. 31st)

• October 2Skechers pier to pier walk ( Oct. 29th)

Apple’s Story

The biggest technology company that you know may not have started like you might have thought. Steve Jobs turned a simple garage into a company soon to hit 1 trillion dollars in total. Apple has so many products that could all be used differently and also could be used for the same simple tasks. Apple is an American multinational company showing that it is known and remembered. These products that Apple have made are in almost every household and are used by almost everyone. Their products include the IPhone, the IPad, the Macbook, the Apple watch, The Apple TV, the IPod, and more to come. They currently have upgraded the IPhone to the seventh one and soon the eighth.

Steve Jobs and his partner Steve Wozniak created Apple. Steve Jobs was born in San Francisco, California, on February 24, 1955, to two University of Wisconsin graduate students who gave him up for adoption. His father, Jandali, was a Syrian political science professor, and his mother, Schieble, worked as a speech therapist. Shortly after Steve was placed for adoption, his biological parents married and had another child, Mona Simpson. It was not until Jobs was 27 that he was able to uncover information on his biological parents. Smart but directionless, Jobs experimented with different pursuits before starting Apple Computer with Steve Wozniak in 1976. Apple’s revolutionary products, which include the iPod, iPhone and iPad, are now seen as leaders of the evolution of modern technology.  Jobs left the company in 1985 and returned more than a decade later. He died in 2011 because of a struggle in fighting with pancreatic cancer.

Technical innovation paired with basic designs and creative advertisements, as well as the leadership of Steve Jobs, have made Apple one of the most valuable brands in the world. The company’s success translates into strong brand loyalty, as well as into an unparalleled revenue growth, from 8 billion U.S. dollars in 2004 to more than 230 billion in 2015. Apple is known and has products being used everyday. I asked a fellow student named Austin what his thoughts about his Macbook, his IPhone, and his Apple TV were. He said that they were all such easy to use and differently used products. He remarked,” All of my products are useful and helpful everyday,”. This shows that Apple products are good and could be used for multiple tasks and similar tasks.

The iPhone is one of the world’s most iconic devices and, in the grand scheme of things, it isn’t very old. But when did it begin? Where did the idea come from?The very first iPhone was unveiled in January 2007 at the MacWorld convention. Steve Jobs revealed what Apple had been developing for nearly three years and, for its time, it represented the cutting edge of technology.The device was introduced as an iPod with a wider screen, controlled by touch instead of physical buttons. In short, it was a mobile phone and a device to communicate with the internet. At the time, Jobs told the audience that this device would “reinvent the phone”. While revealing the design of this new device, Jobs took time out to make fun of the current smartphones on the market, ones that relied on a physical keyboard and were unwieldy to use.  He showed off how simple it was to control a phone using simple touch gestures on a screen and the audience were hooked. Seven years later, from that unveiling, the iPhone is still top of the hill. At one time, market shares did start to decline, especially as they were under constant attack from cheaper smartphones, such as Samsung and LG. However, there last couple of devices have seen that share shoot straight back up, allowing Apple to keep on polishing their crown.

I surveyed my class to see who they thought was Apple’s main competition. Mostly all of the answers were Microsoft, and Samsung. When it comes to smartphones, perhaps Samsung is its biggest competitor. Apple may not have any close competitors in the tablet market, but perhaps Amazon or Microsoft qualify as potential threats to the iPad’s dominance. Google might be considered an Apple competitor on multiple fronts. Google-owned subsidiary Motorola recently unveiled the
Android-powered Moto X smartphone, which could be a possible competitor to Apple’s iPhone. Google also offers the Google Drive cloud service, which could be considered a competitor to Apple’s iCloud. While Apple is still rumored to be developing its own wearable tech product, Google has already ventured into this growing market with its Google Glass product.

Apple opened its first retail stores on May 19, 2001 – one in Virginia and the other in California. In the Steve Jobs biography, author Walter Isaacson wrote how Jobs had wanted Apple to have its own stores so that their iMacs didn’t have to “sit on a shelf between a Dell and a Compaq while an uninformed clerk recited the specs of each”. Despite initial criticisms and comparisons to Gateway’s failed retail stores, Apple Stores not only continue to exist today, but are regarded as one of Apple’s greatest innovations – one that now contributes to more than 10% of Apple’s revenue. In the early 2000s Apple was entirely focused on spreading their retail stores throughout the US, but as the decade wore on they slowly transitioned to opening less US stores and more international stores. They’ve done so because the US at this point is mostly saturated with 254 store openings and only six US states remain without an Apple Store: Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming. In fact, a number of US states have more Apple Stores than some of the international countries – most notably California with its 52 store openings.

These things show that apple is a huge and important business that we almost all need. Their products are helpful in everyday life and are used multiple times a day.  Keeping in mind, this all started in Steve Jobs’ garage.  All there is to wonder is what new product could come out or will a competitor take first place over Apple?

Bibliography

https://www.biography.com/people/steve-jobs-9354805

www.cheatsheet.com/stocks/3-of-apples-competitors.html/

https://www.macstories.net/stories/mapping-apples-retail-expansion/

https://www.statista.com/topics/847/apple/