• June 9Student vs Staff Softball Game 6/14

• June 9Last Day of School 6/21

• June 9Disneyland Trip (8th grade) 6/15

The Most Dangerous Animal?

The Saltwater Crocodile: The Most Dangerous Animal?Could you imagine walking through a swamp and suddenly, out of nowhere, something jumps out of the water and chomps on your arm and rips it off like it was nothing? Well, that’s what a saltwater crocodile would do.The saltwater crocodile is one of the most forocouce reptiles there is as well as the one of the largest reptile predators in the world.The saltwater Crocodile can eat and kill almost any animal there is.

Imagine something 3 times your size and weigh more than 2000 pounds heavier than you well that’s the size and weight of males crocodiles.Males crocodiles can reach sizes up to at least six meters and possibly up to two stories in length. An adult male saltwater crocodile can weigh 2,200 to 2,600 pounds. Female crocodiles are much smaller and often do not surpass three meters.

Think about living in multi bali environments adapting to each one in seconds with nothing but flesh and bones well I think by now you know what can do this. Saltwater crocodile can live in swamps, rivers, lagoons,and salt water they have the farthest distribution of any crocodile from east India all the way to Asia.

Did you know that Crocodiles have one of the strongest bites in the world? It is about 3,700 pounds per square inch imagine that force biting your arm or leg. Studies show that their bite rivals the T-Rex! The great white shark can produce nearly 4,000 pounds of bite force but that hasn’t been directly measured yet.

A crocodile can swim at speeds of eighteen miles an hour and even faster if it’s chasing prey or escaping danger you wouldn’t want something that fast chasing you in water. Crocodiles are great swimmers they use their tails to push themselves through water. They use their back feet to steer left and right.Once they get to their prey, crocodiles do not chew their food they swallow large portions instead. Crocodiles have up to 72 teeth in their mouths to eat large animals.

The saltwater crocodile is a formidable predator and are able to go into new habitats that have not been explored and animal that lives mostly on meat apex predator. Most prey are ambushed and then drowned or swallowed whole. These animals are capable of prevailing over almost any animal that enters its territory, including other  apex predators such as sharks, many freshwater and marine fish, various reptiles, birds, and mammals, including humans.

I think Crocodiles are very interesting animals and that they are very dangerous also well.

Bibliography

https://www.reference.com/pets-animals/many-teeth-crocodile-24357f3ffa9427c3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltwater_crocodile