• June 9Student vs Staff Softball Game 6/14

• June 9Last Day of School 6/21

• June 9Disneyland Trip (8th grade) 6/15

We Are Not Alone

There is gut-wrenching evidence that there are other life forms besides the ones that live on Earth in the universe; maybe even in our solar system. Once you read this article, you will think the same thing. Here is some information on where we are in relation to the whole universe. Earth is located in The Milky Way Galaxy, which holds billions and billions of solar systems. It is one planet in one of those solar systems. There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe. That is just a small part of the universe; how could there not be any other life out there? With those odds, there could be a planet identical to ours.

Some of NASA’s astronomers are trying to show and confirm to the world that there is evidence that alien life is real. “Humanity is on the verge of discovering alien life,” high-ranking NASA scientists say. Recent observations by probes and telescopes on the ground and in space have shown that water is common in our solar system and in the larger Milky Way Galaxy. If there is water, it is very common for there to be life. Scientists predict alien life will be found by 2025. Observations by NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope show that almost every star in the sky accompanies planets, and many of these worlds are probably habitable. Kepler’s research has shown that rocky planets like Earth and Mars are probably more common in the galaxy than large planets with toxic gas like Saturn and Jupiter. If there are more planets with rocks and less with gas, more planets are likely to be habitable. Still not convinced? When a team of British scientists launched a test balloon up into the outer parts of the stratosphere in 2013, they were amazed that it came back with tiny living organisms on it. The organisms could only have come from space.

There is no doubt that there is alien life out in the universe. One day, scientists will be sure and tell the world that there is other life out there. It is not a matter of if we will find other life; it is a matter of when. Earth may be only known life in the universe, but we are definitely not alone.  There is a large chance of there being other life in the universe,  even if not on the planets or on moons within our own solar system.

Bibliography:

http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/ask/62-What-is-Earth-s-location-in-space-

http://www.space.com/29041-alien-life-evidence-by-2025-nasa.html

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/16-signs-were-sure-there-are-aliens/ss-BBvTrPr#image=5